RUSSIAN AGGRESSION AGAINST UKRAINE As of February 25, 07:00 CET
- Foreign Minister of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba
Horrific Russian rocket strikes on Kyiv. Last time our capital experienced anything like this was in 1941 when it was attacked by Nazi Germany. Ukraine defeated that evil and will defeat this one. Stop Putin. Isolate Russia. Severe all ties. Kick Russia out of everywhete.
General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
As of 02:00 (Kyiv time) 25.02.2022 The Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continues to fight in the southwestern part of the Black Sea.
- The bases and ports of Odessa, Yuzhny, Ochakiv, and the Black Sea are being defended.
- Certain forces and means were redeployed to the defence of Kyiv.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine repulses enemy air strikes, conducts constant reconnaissance using UAVs, strikes on columns of occupation troops in the areas of Nova Zburivka, Kupyansk, Nova Kakhovka (Kherson refion) and enemy airborne troops near Gostomel (Kyiv region) airfield.
- As a result of hostilities in some areas groups of the Joint Forces in Donetsk and Luhansk regions restored the position on the front line. In the area of responsibility of separate units the enemy is trying to wedge into the battle formations of our troops to the depth of platoon bases.
- The estimated losses of the enemy: tanks – more than 30, armoured combat vehicles – up to 130, aircraft – 7, helicopters – 6.
As of 04.00 (Kyiv time) 25.02.2022 Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Hanna Malyar: Kyiv is facing missile strikes. VIDEO https://fb.watch/bobdhiWNM4/
At 4.25 (Kyiv time) 25.02.2022 enemy attacked border guard unit in Zaporizzia region by rockets. As a result of attack there are casualties.
As of 06:00 (Kyiv time) 25.02.2022. The defence forces continued to resist a significant offensive group of Russian occupants.
- The enemy inflicted an air strike on units near the city of Kropyvnytsky (Kirovohrad region).
- Significant activity of enemy helicopters was noted in the areas above Vilkovo and Tiraspol (Odesa region).
- Airborne assault troops of the Ukrainian Armed Forces are fighting in the areas of the settlements of DYMER and IVANKIV (Kyiv region, 43km), where a large number of enemy armoured vehicles have advanced, and stopped the overwhelming enemy forces on the border of the TETERIV River. The bridge across the river was destroyed.
- Another tactical group of the defence forces is holding the GOSTOMEL airfield, to which Russian airborne troops rushed yesterday.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine protects the sky over Kyiv. Thus, after 04:00, the Ukrainian air defence system did not allow the two deadly gifts of the « brothers » to reach the capital.
As of 00:00 on February 25, a group of Defense Forces is conducting an organized defense operation in the south. Defensive battles are being fought in the area east of Kherson.
- Mechanized units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine recaptured the road bridge and established themselves on the left bank of the Dnieper near Kherson.
- Our mechanized units in the Rykove area (Kherson region) defeated the overwhelming forces of the enemy. The enemy is destroyed, no success.
- Defensive battles are being fought in the Seversky direction in the Peremoha and Hlukhiv districts (Sumy region). The enemy column is stopped.
- Units of the first tank brigade on the Belous River in the direction of Chernihiv stopped the overwhelming forces of the occupiers.
- In Volyn, mechanized units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine took up positions on certain borders in readiness to repel the enemy’s offensive.
- In the Slobozhanshchyna (Kharkiv and Poltava region), an operational group of the Armed Forces of Ukraine conducts defense in the areas of the settlements of Dovzhanka (Kharkiv region), Kharkiv, Okhtyrka, and Sumy.
- Defensive battles are carrying out in the districts of Vovchansk, Bilyi Kolodyazy, and Prykolotny (Kharkiv region).
- Support units in Okhtyrka (Sumy region) stopped another enemy offensive.
- The Naval Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine continues to fight in the southwestern part of the Black Sea. The bases and ports of Odessa, Yuzhny, Ochakov, and the Black Sea are being defended.
- Certain forces and means were redeployed to defend Kyiv.
- The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine repulses enemy air strikes, conducts constant reconnaissance using UAVs, strikes on columns of occupation troops in the areas of Nova Zburivka, Kupyansk, Nova Kakhovka and enemy airborne troops near Gostomel airfield.
- As a result of hostilities in some areas, the grouping of the Joint Forces in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts restored the position on the front line. In the area of responsibility of separate units, the enemy is trying to wedge into the battle formations of our troops to the depth of platoon bases.
- The estimated losses of the enemy were: tanks – more than 30 units, armored combat vehicles – up to 130, aircraft – 7, helicopters – 6.
Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
As of 07.00 (Kyiv time) 25.02.2022 the situation in the Donetsk operational area remains under control. Russian troops continue to fire on Joint Forces positions, cities and civilian infrastructure.
- In the area of Shchastya, Stanytsia Luhanska, Lobachevo and Belovodsk, enemy sabotage and reconnaissance groups repeatedly tried to enter the rear of our troops at night, but were detected and destroyed in time.
- Ukrainian defenders fired artillery at firing positions and clusters of Russian equipment.
State Emergency Service (SES)
At 05:37 State Emergency Service (SES) extinguished fire in a multi-storey residential building on the street Kosice, 7a in Kyiv which was hit by two Russian missiles.
- 20 people were rescued, 8 people got injuries, 150 people were evacuated.
- 72 people and 12 vehicles of SES were involved in rescue operation.
At 05:00 on the street Sadova 54 in Kyiv there was a fire in a two-story private house due to the fall of fragments of the Russian airplane. Information on victims and injured is being clarified.
- 15 people and 2 vehicles of SES were involved in rescue operation.
- In Starobilsk, Luhansk region
- rescuers from SES units of Luhansk region are eliminating the consequences of the shelling on Vatutina and Starotaganrogska streets.
- Firefighting and rescue operations are being carried out.
- According to preliminary information, 6 people were rescued, one person died.
ID Canada / ISSN 2563-818X (En ligne) – ISSN 2563-8181 (Imprimé)